Tuesday, November 3, 2009

intention

what i realized today is this... even the best intentions can go sour. possibly Ive been learning this my whole life but a simple act of ashing my cigarette turned into a metaphor for my life, and how I lead it.
My friend Dan always has an ashtray standing by for when I visit, so I dont ash on his front porch. I was just outside smoking when I noticed the long ash hanging from the end of my fag. So I swung my hand towards the bowl of discard and as I did a large ash fell onto the porch. I found myself thinking " that just looks like disrespect" here the ashtray is, a foot from my body and there it is, the blackened spot on his light cement.
My intention was and remained to properly place something where its meant to be.
My intention in life is the same, in my career all I try to do is place the right material in the proper place, yet i just keep falling short of the dispensary, so to speak.
On the bright side, I just missed the tray by a few inches... hopefully my writing career is just a few inches off as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment